Dear VFW members and concerned citizens,
As Health Organizations, State/Local governments, schools, and businesses are working to make decisions to keep our community as safe as possible, we too strive to find the right balance of doing our work while also taking the health of our staff, customers/residents, and the public seriously. We have postponed the March 23 “special” membership meeting in addition to many other events. Please check this page often for additional news concerning the new VFW building. In the meantime, the steering committee will continue to meet with the builder / architect in small groups in order to keep the project moving forward.
Below are some additional steps we are taking to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- We will conduct business as much as possible by telephone, email, or the VFW website.
- We are requesting that any employee who is sick or may have been exposed to the virus—stay home.
- Measures are being taken to provide a virus clean kitchen areas for our kitchen help.
- If you are not sure if you need to talk to someone in-person, please call or email first to see if your question or issue can be resolved over the phone.
- If you need to drop off anything—please call ahead.
- All non-essential meetings and events are canceled until further notice.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep our website and Facebook page updated with any new information.
Ed Speiker, Post Quartermaster and Steering Committee Chair